Call 814-343-9860

today for a free consultation



What if the driver of the car leaves the scene of the accident?

Call the police immediately. Under Pennsylvania law to collect uninsured motorist benefits (UM) from your own insurance company, the accident must have been reported to the police. Even if you do not think that you have been injured by the hit and run driver, you must report the accident to the police.

What if the driver of the other car says he will take everything?

In short, do not believe them. In my own experience, I was involved in a motor vehicle accident where some backed out of a parking spot directly into the rear passenger side door of my car. When I pulled to the side of the road, the at fault driver told me it was all her fault and she would “take care of everything.” The at fault driver certainly “took care of everything” by immediately reporting to her own insurance company that I caused the accident and left the sign of the accident. This caused her insurance company to open a claim against me, which ultimately led to a lawsuit. Had I followed my own advice and called the police and reported the claim to my own insurance company immediately, I could have avoided the stress and aggravation of having to defend myself against false claim.

How do I obtain a copy of the police report for my auto accident?

If the police came to the scene of the accident you were involved in, then you are entitled to a copy of the police report. Simply contact the police department and request a copy of the police report. The police department will typically charge you a fee of $15.00 or less for the copy of the police report.