Call 814-343-9860

today for a free consultation



Who pays for my medical bills in a car accident?

In a car accident, typically your car insurance company will pay your medical bills under what is commonly referred to as PIP benefits. You should be careful because PIP coverage under you car insurance has a limit that in many cases is $5,000.00. In comparison, if you are injured as a result of slip and fall accident, your own health insurance will pay your medical bills. Many people assume that the other person’s insurance will pay your medical bills but that is not the case. Instead, the other person’s insurance is only responsible for paying for your pain and suffering, which, in most cases, is the larger portion of the case.

Will I get reimbursed if I have to travel to seek medical advice or treatment?

Yes. As part of a lawsuit against the at fault driver, your out of pocket expenses which would include reasonable and necessary travel expenses to seek medical advice would be recoverable. For this reason, it is extremely important to document all mileage, gas, tolls, and hotel stays and similar expenses for any out of town treatment you need to seek as a result of being involved in an auto accident.